Australia's premier city and surrounds offer a showcase of Sydney attractions. There are so many things to do in Sydney and things to see. Sydney Showcase is a great place to start for adventure, activities, wildlife, relaxation and fun within Australia's premier destination.
|Adventure, Rides & Activities
||Animals & Wildlife
||Harbour and River Cruises
|Galleries, Art & Artisans
||Gardens & Parks
Oceans of Fun!
- Support conservation in action at Manly SEA LIFE Sanctuary today and become an active part of our Breed Rescue Protect program. The Sanctuary offers the opportunity to come face to face with cute Little Penguins, critically endangered sharks, rescued and rehabilitated sea turtles , giant rays, venomous fish, slippery cephalopods and aquatic reptiles! Take part in our interactive experiences that run every day, such as our hands on touch pool, animal feeds, guided tours and educational presentations.
- The lifestyle and treasures of village life are often not apparent to outsiders and need a local to help you discover them.
Free All Day Koala Encounters
- Featherdale Wildlife Park at Doonside (near Blacktown) is Sydneys ultimate interactive wildlife experience. The Park is conveniently located just 40mins from Sydneys CBD and is en route to the famous Blue Mountains. Winner of Major Tourist Attraction Award at the Tourism NSW Awards in 2009. Cuddle up to a koala and hand feed a kangaroo at anytime of day. Open daily 9am-5pm.
Doonside (near Blacktown)
A must see for Blue Mountains visitors!
- The new Scenic Railway is now open! Less than two hours from Sydney, Scenic World is renowned for providing the ultimate Blue Mountains Adventure - from native birds and fresh air, to breathtaking views of the World Heritage-listed region including the Three Sisters, Katoomba Falls & Jamison Valley. Open every day of the year, 9am-5pm.
The Hands-on zoo!
- Experience loads of animal interaction and hands-on wildlife shows every day. Enjoy a close encounter with some of the parks animals during Snappy Hour, 11am-2pm daily, walk with Hugo the giant Galapagos tortoise. Have a photo with a snugly python, cute Tasmanian devil, gorgeous wombat or cuddly koala (where available). Hand-feed friendly kangaroos and Emus. Witness Elvis, NSW's crankiest croc lunge for his lunch at 1:30pm on weekends and everyday during school holidays!
The Ultimate Harbour Cruise!
- Experience the magic of Sydney's iconic harbour in true style, from the decks of Sydney's only Tall Ship. Help hoist the sails or sit back, relax and enjoy the sumptious gourmet Sailor's Feast, whilst our friendly crew keep you entertained with stories of the historic ship's past adventures. Sail past key Sydney landmarks, including the Opera House, Harbour Bridge, Fort Denison and Shark Island before returning to Campbell's Cove.
Fun, Safe and Great Value!
- Looking for a Blue Mountains Adventure? It’s all here at River Deep Mountain High! We offer canyoning, climbing, abseiling, bushwalking and mountain biking tours in the Greater Blue Mountains World Heritage Area. We're licenced with National Parks and Wildlife Service and provide you with professional and qualified guides. Best of all – the trips are fun, safe and great value! Everyone from beginner to advanced levels welcome. Join River Deep Mountain High for your next fantastic outdoor experience!
Cloud 9 is celebrating 2o years flying!
- Escape on a romantic adventure where you can escape, relax and enjoy the excitement of the oldest and greatest form of flight. Hot air ballooning is an aerial adventure you must experience at least once in your lifetime. This year John & Clare Allen original owners & operators will be celebrating 20 years of flying from humble beginnnings opening up Greater Sydney to hot air ballooning to moving operations to the beautiful Hawkesbury & Hunter Valley.
Aquabay Charters offers you a range of custom built charter vessels to suit your every need. From our luxury ‘Aquabay’ which can accommodate 6 overnight guests or up to 35 for a function, to our smaller ‘I DO’ and ‘I WILL’ which will get you around Sydney harbour in style. Quality and comfort are evident everywhere and a harbour cruise on our vessels is nothing less than exhilarating.
The Zoo with the View!
- A wildlife experience just 12 minutes from the city by ferry and the best place to see Australia’s amazing wildlife. Breathtaking Harbour panoramas as well as the largest collection of native and exotic animals in NSW. Koalas, kangaroos, echidnas and much more, plus the amazing QBE free-flight Bird Show. Taronga Zoo is open every day of the year : from 9am to 5pm, including Christmas Day (From 9am to 4pm Dec 31 NYE Day)
Walks and Workshops in Beautiful Places
- Into the Blue Creative Walks conducts workshops and walks in the deserts, mountains and coastlines of the vast Australian landscape. We design programs for writers, artists, photographers, professionals, meditators and choirs amongst others. Our expertise is to meld those programs into beautiful journeys, allowing the landscape and story of the country to be fully experienced. Walk in wilderness and not just through it, thereby enjoying nature and the journey in a more profound and enjoyable way.
Fun For Everyone! Exhibitions:- * Tell stories of great adventures. * HMAS Onslow - See life aboard a submarine. * James Craig – (Sydney Heritage Fleet vessel) – 1874 square-rigger. * Kids Deck – For creative activities and family programs. * Wharf 7 – Behind-the-scenes tour of the Museum’s collections. * Yots café – Superb waterfront location. * The Store – Outstanding collection of maritime books, gifts and souvenirs. 9.30 am to 5 pm daily.
Segway Tours - sharing the fun!
- Let us introduce an exciting new way to experience the Blue Mountains. Our local guides will take you around the beautiful grounds of The Fairmont Resort where you'll ride your Segway through the forest, test your new skills on varied terrain and learn about the area, with glimpses of the Jamison Valley! You can ask us questions on the area and don't worry, we'll get you up to speed and take you out for an amazing time!
Discover the hidden secrets of our past!
- One of the most captivating prisoner stories of the world Alcatraz, the Tower of London, and ... Convict Sydney Join us for a unique tour of Sydney Harbour and Goat Island and get up close and personal with Sydney 's colourful convict past. As well as an entertaining and fascinating guided convict history walking tour on the island, you will enjoy a delicious buffet lunch with open bar before embarking on a relaxing cruise around the harbour.