Level 2 Restrictions Apply from 10 December
The biggest changes
- You can only use a watering can or bucket to water your garden before 10 am and after 4 pm.
- You can only use drip irrigation or smart watering systems for a maximum of 15 mins a day per watering zone, before 10 am and after 4 pm.
- You can only top up an existing pool or spa, using a hose fitted with a trigger nozzle, watering can or bucket for a maximum of 15 minutes a day. You can only do this to replace water lost through evaporation, not to replace water deliberately removed from the pool or spa.
- You can only wash your vehicles with a bucket and sponge.
- You need a permit to fill new or renovated pools and spas that hold more than 500 L.
Using drinking water for firefighting, testing and related activities is not restricted.
Find out about special exemptions for residential customers at the Sydney Water website.
The restrictions apply to everyone in Sydney, the Blue Mountains and the Illawarra. This includes all residents and businesses.
Our Blak Markets will kick off the year back on Bare Island on Sunday...
The Blue Mountains region has prepared a jam-packed calendar of festivals...
The Blue Mountains Bush Fire Mayoral Relief Fund advisory committee elected...
Blue Mountains Mayor Mark Greenhill is urging visitors to return to th...
Tennis Australia has launched Open Court Sessions, a new social tennis...
Adding Design Practique Enquire now for any floor additions, granny flats, garages, studios, new homes, holiday homes, project management.
FJ Tours Relax...we do it all for you! Blue Mountains Tours daily from Sydney! Jenolan Caves Tours Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday!
Jenolan Caves Jenolan Caves are the most spectacular and most famous caves in Australia. Open every day.
Del Rio Riverside Resort Set on 3kms of beautiful Hawkesbury River frontage at Wisemans Ferry surrounded by a majestic mountainous backdrop.