Level 2 Restrictions Apply from 10 December
The biggest changes
- You can only use a watering can or bucket to water your garden before 10 am and after 4 pm.
- You can only use drip irrigation or smart watering systems for a maximum of 15 mins a day per watering zone, before 10 am and after 4 pm.
- You can only top up an existing pool or spa, using a hose fitted with a trigger nozzle, watering can or bucket for a maximum of 15 minutes a day. You can only do this to replace water lost through evaporation, not to replace water deliberately removed from the pool or spa.
- You can only wash your vehicles with a bucket and sponge.
- You need a permit to fill new or renovated pools and spas that hold more than 500 L.
Using drinking water for firefighting, testing and related activities is not restricted.
Find out about special exemptions for residential customers at the Sydney Water website.
The restrictions apply to everyone in Sydney, the Blue Mountains and the Illawarra. This includes all residents and businesses.
Image by Karolina Grabowska & Pezibear from Pixabay
September 19 - 20 is the Rural Fire Service’s (RFS) annual Get Ready W...
Casula Powerhouse Arts Centre (CPAC) has today announced their esteeme...
This year, Queer Screen Film Fest comes to you! Available on more screens...
The SmartFone Flick Fest – Australia’s hit international film festival...
Due to the increasing effects and consequences of climate change, we experienced...
Wild Ropes Taronga Zoo The wildest views of Sydney come to life on Taronga Zoo's sky high adventure, Wild Ropes.
Scenic World Located in the World Heritage-listed Blue Mountains, Scenic World offers a self-guided nature-based experience
Entermission Sydney - Virtual Reality Escape Rooms Come adventure and be exhilarated at the best Virtual Reality Sydney has no matter how old you are!
Red Star Hotel West Ryde The Red Star Hotels West Ryde is located in the heart of Sydney's north-west suburb West Ryde