Experience the best views of Sydney and beyond from the top of Sydney Tower. A "must do" visitor experience for any visitor to Sydney.
Sydney Tower Quick Facts:
- Sydney's tallest free-standing structure
- Tallest observation tower in the Southern Hemisphere
- Opened to the public in August 1981
- Capable of withstanding earthquakes and extreme wind conditions
- 56 cables stabilise the tower
- The turret has a capacity of 960 persons
- Features two restaurants
- Sydney Tower Restaurant - Offering a one and a half hour buffet dining experience
- Sydney Tower 360 Bar and Dining - intimate, stylish fine dining experience
- Observation deck 250m (820ft) above ground level
- 3 high speed double deck lifts - 40 seconds to travel from top to bottom
- 1504 stairs
- OzTrek - an amazing virtual reality ride across Australia
- Observation Deck – experience a 360-degree panorama of Sydney
- Skywalk – an exhilarating walk on glass overhangs, 260 metres above the city
- Sydney Tower is open every day 9:00am to 10:30pm (except Christmas Day).
- Sydney Tower is located on the corner of Pitt Street and Market Street.
- Town Hall Station - 10 minute walk (500m)
- St James Station - 6 minute walk (300m)
- Closest Monorail Station is City Centre